What does Medicare cover (RAMQ)?
- A complete exam and x-rays every 365 days
- Emergency exams for pain and trauma
- Treatment – white fillings in the front teeth and silver fillings in the back teeth
- Crowns- white in the front teeth and silver in the back teeth
What is not covered by Medicare (RAMQ)?
- 6 month check-ups
- Prevention: Cleaning and Fluoride application
- Silver Diamine Fluoride
- Space maintainers and simple orthodontics
- White fillings or crowns in back teeth
Does insurance cover what isn’t covered by Medicare (RAMQ)?
- Dental insurance will cover a certain percentage of what RAMQ doesn’t.
- We will submit everything to the insurance company for you. You will then get reimbursed the amount that your plan covers.
How often should children visit the dentist?
We recommend a dental visit once a year under the age of 3 and every 6 months from age 3 and up
When should my child first visit the dentist?
- The Canadian and American Dental Associations recommend a first dental visit at around a child’s first Birthday. This visit is mostly to give parents advice, recommend good hygiene practices, and to show parents how to properly brush their child’s teeth.
- Parents are often concerned that their young children won’t “cooperate”. This is common and expected and not a reason to postpone a dental visit!